Does your dog have chronic ear infections? Is your cat or dog losing his or her fur? Do not despair—Wintermere Pointe Animal Hospital treats dogs, cats, and other furry family members with skin and allergy conditions.
Dogs and cats can suffer from many types of skin and ear diseases. Skin and ear problems are some of the most common problems your pet may have. If your pet is exhibiting any signs of a skin lesions, it is important for us to examine, diagnose, and treat your pet as soon as possible. Skin conditions may worsen over time, leading to other health problems for your pet.
Skin diseases come from many sources, such as:
- Skin parasites (fleas, ticks, and mites)
- Infectious diseases (bacterial and fungal)
- Recurring ear infections
- Hormonal diseases
- Autoimmune-related skin diseases
- Skin cancer
- Foot and nail bed conditions
- Food and contact allergies
- Allergic reactions to environmental allergens